8th Grade Celebration Coordinator
This person works with Mr. Cottone and the PTO to determine how the 8th grade celebration is going to take place. Covid presented unusual circumstances so last year's celebration was held at the school and the PTO sponsored an outdoor Bar B Que for the 8th graders. In years past, the PTO has sponsored a Beach Blast at Dominion High School for the 8th graders.
Prior to the main event, fundraising will need to be organized to offset the cost of the party.
Various committees need to be formed within the 8th grade celebration group
- Congratulatory signs for each 8th grader - parents paid $25 (angel donations also collected)
- Swag Bags - each 8th grader received a swag bag with a Dominion High School D-Block t-shirt, Dominion High School car magnet and a pen for yearbook signing (pens were donated by a business), ring pops
- Dominion High School beach towels were donated as part of a raffle during the party
- Gift cards of various amounts were donated by parents as part of a raffle during the party
- Bolt Blast - this was the main fundraiser we had last year. We weren't sure if we were going to have any celebration so this fundraiser did not start until the spring. It was very successful for the short period of time we had the sales open.
- Papa John discount cards - In addition to the Bolt Blast, we sold Papa John discount cards as part of the 8th grade celebration fundraiser
- Congratulatory signs - two parents organized and lead this group
- D-Block shirts and car magnets - I worked with Ms. Owens (DECA) at Dominion to order these
- Sign Up Genius for Bar B Que - all food, table ware and candy was donated from parents
- Bolt Blast - we had 4 teams that moved signs around from home to home every 4 days. Signs were purchased from Image 360. We gave the option of 8 signs for $20 or 10 signs for $25.